I don't know why, but I clicked on an article entitled, "Best graphing calculator in the world?"
Seems some gentleman out there was posing the question to the powers that be (lurking on the internet). There's always a really dorky argument, blah blah blah, but it turns out that someone who had been using the same kind of calculator I have (since 1993, mind you), said this:
"There is just something fundamentally appealing to owning a powerful calculator 90% of the population can't even add two numbers on..." (link goes to Slashdot)
I'd have to agree. Every time someone asks to borrow my calculator I tell them, "Sure, but you won't be able to use it." They look puzzled, attempt to do the simplest of calculations, and an error message pops up. Thank goodness for the RPN system (a bass-ackwards way of entering things that I believe saves about 30% of keystrokes overall).
Link to Wikipedia article on the HP-48
I feel like a sea-pirate is going to come up behind me and go, "Yarr... Ye be a dork"
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment