Let's say that someone goes to work for a company, and on day one they make him sign a contract saying that he'll do anything they want him to. Absolutely anything. They then send him to training for weeks or months, pay his college loans, and get him set up on tons of benefits. He does routine deskwork for the most part, very little physical duty. A year or two into the job, his boss tells him to do something, and he disagrees with it. He doesn't want to quit, but just doesn't want to do that particular job.
If you were the boss, company, or stockholder, you'd want him to pay back all that he received, right? And, to get rid of him.
Equate this with a story in the headlines these days. I'm not going to specifically refer to it, but you can ask if you don't know.
I have no issue with his wanting to disagree with his job or superiors, but we as taxpayers paid for him to receive those benefits, and now we receive no benefit, and neither do his underlings. He swore. How can you say that you'll do something, and expect no repurcussions when you go against it? His lawyer says he hopes they'll see what a big mess this is, and just drop everything.
Look, if they don't put him up against a wall--fine... But for shit's sake--I want him to pay. People that swindle and embezzle even small amounts are sent to prison--I don't care about prison time, I want the money back in the pool, or to be used to train and retain his replacement.
People may say, "Yes, but his convictions..." Sure, again, I have no problem with that, and what he thinks is right or wrong. But, let's say for a second his boss is Howard Stern or some other shock jock. There's a demonstrated history of doing crappy things, ALL THE TIME. How is this any different than the Commander in Chief? I'm no dove, but jeebus--you've got a college degree and don't remember things like Vietnam?
Thursday, February 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment