From an email:
...or we could go to the petting zoo or laguna seca or Starbucks for venti caramel vanilla latte.
Funny story about that: I was at Starbucks in Edgewood, MD two weeks ago.
They have three sizes, translated as large, tall, and long.
Me: Can I get a medium please?
Girl at counter: Sorry, no medium. We have three different sizes (pointing to the sign--all of which imply that you will be drinking too much coffee, each in their own different language). I think you want a tall.
Me: Thanks, next I bet you'll ask me if I play basketball. Give me the grande.
(She proceeds to hand me a tiny cup of piping hot foam with almost no coffee in it)
Me: I should have gotten the long.
Girl at counter: That's what she said.
A Starbucks girl got me with the "That's what she said." line. I guess I had it coming.
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment