Monday, June 23, 2008

Chili Jeff A-Go-Go

Jeff and his wife were in town last weekend for some rompin' and carousin'. A few times Jeff and I were left to our own devices (whilst Josie ran around with her curiously shorter smaller filipino sisters). This led to some rather interesting quotes, to say the least, in between marathon sessions of Gems - Wild Tiles.

  • Jeff: Can I get some ranch? (for his just-served chicken fingers)
  • Scott: Jeff was in the Navy.
  • Mike (Rio bartender): You were in the Navy?
  • Jeff: I was... Now I'm just a guy who wants some ranch dressing..

  • Jeff (watching the World Cup): Who's TUR?
  • Scott: Turduckenstan?

  • Jeff (to guy restroom, which was unlocked): Sorry, I didn't realize that this was a one toilet restroom...
  • Guy: You mean a 'one-holer'?

  • Guy (in Diamond lounge): I recognize you guys. You play. Where are you from?
  • Scott: He's from California...
  • Jeff: San Diego?
  • Guy: No...
  • Scott: San Jose?
  • Guy: (shakes head) You're pros.
  • Jeff: We're no good. We'll play you any denomination if you want, though.


And my favorite, recanting a joke: "A guy's son asks him for $50, and he goes 'Forty dollars? Why do you want to borrow thirty dollars? I'm not giving you twenty dollars.'"

1 comment:

Johnny Rotten said...

Heh - Turduckenstan. That kills me. I have read this stupid post three times and every time I get to Turduckenstan I fall off the chair.