Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Application Failure Detected

So, last Thursday PJ and I went to the I-Bar (Ipanema-Bar, get it?) at the Rio for Microsoft's Virtual Surface thingymabobber.

(using my paws to manipulate camera views)

Fun how we managed to crash every application that the table ran. Not even on purpose! It was a little more than just trivial amounts of fun--the best part came up when PJ discovered the YouTube search function, and brought up a video of himself (with our old band SP7 music playing in the background).

PJ's blurb from his blog: "Anyway, I went to iBar inside the Rio last night for a media party celebrating the launch (a few months after installation) of the Microsoft Surface interactive tabletops located at six booths at the Rio's center bar. iBar isn't typically much fun, but playing with these tables and imbibing a lot of free cocktails made for a pretty good time. Unlike the artsy-psychedelic units at The Beatles REVOLUTION Lounge in the Mirage or the now-kinda-low-tech tables at Tabu inside the MGM Grand, the iBar tables allow patrons to play virtual games such as bowling or a memory game, play YouTube videos, flirt with other tables, plan Vegas activities and even order drinks."

They're not ready for primetime yet. Interesting--specially printed business cards, when dropped onto the table, have special animations displayed on the screen underneath of them. No matter how many times I put my phone on the table, it did nothing special.

No comments: