Monday, January 26, 2009

HA!

That's all I could think when the proverbial 'her' from earlier blogposts appeared again.

It was the first day back to school, and I was waiting outside of my class in the WRI hallways. There I was, nominally happy and looking forward to new stuff--when she opens the glass door at the end of the hall and makes her way towards me.

A lot of thoughts ran through my feeble mind--but mostly "HA!", yelling at myself for some reason. I quickly surmised that there's no way she could be in the Ph.D program yet, and couldn't possibly be in my class. Thank fark I was right.

We exchanged pleasantries, and she made her way past me to her classroom.

I got a bit of a jab in when she wandered around for several minutes before I stopped her asking, "What on EARTH could you be looking for?" I knew she was looking for the bathroom (maybe she had that air of concern and pressure?). I pointed her towards the initial glass door she waltzed through. She made a final pass by me (I didn't ask if she'd washed her hands) before class started.

I believe I said more than a year ago about these fun encounters, "Shoot me." It's funny, I could really care less now, but it was certainly a "HA!" type of event.

No comments: