My present to her (-cough-cheapskate-cough-) was a suite at the Rio for her and Sean for the evening. It wasn't nearly as big as the 1800 square foot semicircular Masquerade Suite that they'd been to on several Gordo Blanco involved events--but it was nice for the two of them.
For so many guests, and such a small TV, I knew that the room would be inadequate, so I offered up my place for the evening--I already had copious amounts of alcohol, Rock Band 2, and a volume control that goes way up there. My house is only little ways up the road from PF Chang's, so it worked out nicely.
We had a blast. Midge and I met in the kitchen once, and we both noted that the other was drinking--how weird! She had quite a bit more than me--which probably accounts for all the dancing and marathon sessions of playing bass. She refuses to let me post videos of her playing--a half playing/half dancing affair for each song, which is quite different than her typical statuesque pose (probably concentrating on the notes too hard!)
I met a lot of new people, and I have to say, they're all f'ing wonderful. When you check out the pictures, you'll see. What's not in the pictures are the stories--like a guitar almost breaking Sean's tooth, Erika getting boob-fondled, and just why in the hell everyone's tongues are blue.
My favorite quotes, by far, came from Alan:
- "Dude... He has some badass clocks, bro..." (on the phone to one of his 'bros')
- "You should get points for jumping around!" (during "White Wedding")
Anyhow... Here's a link to the pictures...
(shh: you'll have to email me for a link to the videos!)

1 comment:
YEAH! Sorry I cut out so early. Dinner was fun anyway. And this you drinking thing is ... different. LET IT LOOSE BRO.
Post a Comment