Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Pi Day

I'm almost ashamed to celebrate. Almost. But, good fortune came my way for Pi day. Jeff, Joseife, and the baby are asleep in the guest bedroom, Sedona's asleep on the couch, and tomorrow... Well, tomorrow, there's going to be another burrito. I think that there couldn't be a more appropriate day for someone to attempt this feat. Well, there probably couldn't be a less appropriate day either. Jeff could best the burrito. But enough about burritos.

Thinkgeek karma has come full circle. Or, at least it has completed both ends of a line segment. For Christmas, I got PJ (who happens to be the drummer for As Yet Unbroken) a shirt that has a drum set on it. No, that's not the cool part--the cool part is that when you touch the respective drum kit parts, it plays the appropriate sound through a speaker. I figured it was a pretty cool present for him, not even worrying about what percentage of the Jew inside of him wouldn't welcome an Xmas present. Check it out:


Anyhoo.

On Thursday, Mary Ann handed me a plastic-wrapped blue silicone item, and a Thinkgeek catalog. Turns out, the silicone item was an ice cube tray. Not just any ice cube tray, but an ice cube tray that makes... Pi symbol-shaped ice (not cubes). {{heart-flutter}}

Here's the image from their site:


Turns out that it's pretty damned simple to make pice cubes. Yeah, I know.

Here are pictures I took:









And, pardon my 80s... But there's an extrasuperbitchin' recipe for a pitini:




And here's another wonderful example of why I really love to teach: I got an e-card from a student in my class:





Blog post #100 could prove to be monumental. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Pj Perez said...

That is a whole lot of awesome geekiness. I cannot wait to come over and enjoy a vodka on the Pis.