Friday, March 13, 2009

It's obvious you have too much time on your hands.

Whether the title of this blog pertains to me or you remains to be seen. Yeah, I kinda think it's both of us if you're here.

How would you feel about something else occupying your time? I know you've got nothing better to do at work.

Let me please introduce a semi-outstanding interweb game called Puzzle Pirates.

I've been playing for about 5 years now--I used to play constantly when I was at work doing college prep and tutoring (the children were bound for UNLV, what can I say?). Recently I wanted to get someone else addicted--it's my way of easing the burden on my brain, like a bad joke.

For instance: A polar bear walks into a bar. He goes up to the bartender and says, "I'll have a gin...............and tonic." The bartender takes a look at the polar bear and says, "What was that?" The polar bear replies, "I'll have a gin...............and tonic." The bartender then asks the polar bear, "So, why the big paws?" {look, if you don't get that joke, just substitute the word pause in for paws}

The only remedy for the awfulness that lies in your head now, after hearing such an awful piece, is to tell the joke to as many people as you know. It's like aspirin.

So, back to the getting someone addicted business. Sedona seemed to always be busy at her computer, but I could just tell that she wasn't bursting at the seams with stuff to do, so I mentioned Puzzle Pirates.

I'm not going to use any acronyms or fancy computer jargon--I'll just tell you that it's fun. If you enjoyed games like Tetris, Columns, Dr. Mario, Bejeweled, etc., and card games like Hearts, Spades, and Texas Hold 'em--chances are pretty good you'll like this game. It's got all of that built in--where puzzles effect your piratey business like sailing and swordfighting. The makers of the game have strict limitations on things like 'numbers' in the game--no experience points, hit points, or levels in the numerical sense--they've been replaced with piratey-speak.

So, I can now for sure say that if you've read this far, you've got too much time on your hands--visit the links below and create a pirate. If you do, you'll be given extra pieces of eight for signing up under me, and automatically added to my crew--named New Addictions. Ha!


{{queue Enya music--yeah, you know what song's chorus I'm talking about}}

Puzzle Pirates
Puzzle Pirates


View Scott's Pirate Page

No comments: