Saturday, May 29, 2010

Speeding Kills Bears

Please note: No bears were harmed in the making of this blog, the lead-up to the blog, or anywhere near this blog. I think. MA didn't hear us hit anything either. Why the strange post title? If you've been to Yosemite, you know. If not, you can click here to see what I'm talking about. Thank you. Move along.

Well, it's been less than six days since we returned from our latest jaunt to Yosemite (and other parts). After a few days, I was able stand upright and look like a respectable human when walking. What took longer was the daunting task of going through four cameras worth of pictures and video (almost 4 gigs from both MA and myself--please note they're sorted by date, so you really don't know who took each picture, unless you're sleuthy and good with file nomenclature), and GPS logs of most of that. I have yet to edit the points into a respectable .KML file for Google Earth, nor have I geo-tagged the EXIF data for the pictures (meaning that you can't yet see where each picture was taken--not that every picture will have this: some of the walls of trail prohibited clear line-of-site to the satellites). What the hell am I yammering on about? Nevermind. Look at pictures. I'll post the GPS stuff at a later time.

Trip summary: Keene, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo (all together as one album: Trip Miscellany), Hearst Castle, Big Sur, San Jose (Winchester Mystery House), Yosemite. Pictures are as follows:



Trip Miscellany


Hearst Castle


PCH and Big Sur


Winchester Mystery House


Yosemite


Yosemite Videos


No comments: