![]() |
| 4th of July 2K10 |
I may be posting pictures from another camera I took, but for now you can hop straight to the photo album (by clicking above). If you'd care to learn more, you can scroll down (below the slideshow), or read the blurb on the photo album page. It's wordy, and not nearly as nifty as the pictures themselves. Click the photo above already!
Below is a preview:
This is the fourth year I've taken fireworks pictures, but the first year I've been at a legitimate and legal display--also the first time in maybe nine or so years to see the Boulder City Damboree fireworks display.
I took two cameras, and may still upload pictures from the Olympus--but all of the shots you see here are untouched (except for cropping) from the Canon.
Honestly, I set the camera on a tripod on a large boulder, dialed in the settings (the same for ALL pictures), and had it automatically take pictures--every 5 seconds or so it would take a long exposure, save (which takes about that long as well), and then start over. After ten pictures, I'd press the button again to take another set of ten. I only moved the camera's position a few times to better capture appropriate bits of sky.
So, these pictures are without jiggling and other problematic notions. It's amazing that only half of the show was captured, yet these photos are (unmodestly) amazing. Comparing them with the Olympus pictures (inferior due to arm jiggle/manual mode) makes me cry a little. I will probably just post a few of those sometime (and then remove this blurb).

No comments:
Post a Comment